Last week, I made a promise to myself.
I linked my left pinky with my right pinky and pinky-promised (the most serious of promises) myself to start every day with a tall glass of H2O.
My progress report: A+
Every day since I set this personal goal, I have held my promise! And I’ve loved every minute of it! It may seem simple but a tall glass of water vs. a mug full of coffee really has made an enormous difference in my energy and overall feeling of well-being. I’ve learned that starting the day by hydrating instead of de-hydrating myself is hugely important for a successful day of healthy eating.
This week, I’m adding a new personal promise: drink 1 cup of green tea daily 🙂
Green tea is loaded with antioxidants and carries numerous health benefits including:
– It’s catechins halt oxidative damage to cells (aka makes your skin glow!)
– Helps rev up your metabolism!
– Reduces risk for heart disease
– It’s antioxidants halt LDL (bad cholesterol) and help raise HDL (good cholesterol)
– May help reduce the risk for some cancers
– May slow weight gain and fight against obesity
I’m so excited to continue adding small steps to achieve a greater feeling of health & well-being!
Hope you’re having a sweet + chic week so far 🙂